Thursday, September 07, 2006

One day until liftoff....

Our bags are packed and we are ready to go.......
Sort of.
We finally head off tomorrow evening for Vietnam. It still does not feel real. I suppose that we won't believe it until we land in Hanoi. OK, at least when we get onto the plane we will know that all our preparative work is over. Maybe not completed, but finished for now. A bit scarey, if you think about it. In just 4 short days we will be "mom and dad". Wow!
Actually, I feel like we are pretty much ready to leave. Somehow, this thought scares me because I wonder if there must be something we are missing. We have hired a house sitter for the dog and cats, stopped our newspaper, paid our bills, gotten our passports in order, packed for the three of us, cleaned the house, prepared the baby's room... hmmmmmm, anything else?
I am so excited to be visiting Vietnam again! I know this trip will be nothing like the first, but it will still be nice to be in SE Asia again. Although I am looking forward to the visit, I am dreading the plane ride. Twenty-four hours in transit and a 14 hour single leg is nothing to look forward to. Keep your fingers crossed that there are good movies on the flight.
For now, and until we receive Anh, I'm signing off as:
Shula, future parent :-)

2 comments:

Stepping On Legos said...

Will you be able to post from Vietnam? I hope so! Good luck and congratulations in advance! Have a fanastic journey into parenthood! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! I'm so excited for you. You are going to be great parents. I'm waiting for the first complete picture of the new Pinson family! Keep us all posted . . . .