Monday, September 11, 2006

Anh is HUGE!

All of the 6-9 month old clothes that I bought for Anh will not fit! He is ginormous! He seems like a well loved, and well fed baby - definitely will not fit in the bassinet on the plane ride home.

This morning, we left Hanoi at 11am for the 1.5 hour drive out to the orphanage. As we left the city and drove along the rice paddies, I kept thinking about how I would be able describe to Anh what Vietnam was like. It is easy to see that, by the time he is old enough, there will be little left of the marsh like country side.
The orphanage was much better than I expected and the women caring for the babies seem to really love them. Anh was transfered to the orphanage about 10 days ago when the police decided that they didn't want any babies in foster care. Apparently, the foster mother was crying when she dropped off Anh. Luckily, he doesn't seem too worse for the wear. He has a few bug bites, but is big, strong, and curious! We feel very lucky.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He looks gorgeous. We can't wait to see him. COuld he have been born earlier that January since he seems so big and so developed for his age? When will you be able to keep him with you in the hotel?

We are in the mountains of Colorado and Vietnam seems so far away.

Brooke and Dad

Anonymous said...

Ha! I knew it! Sorry . . . . but you should have listened to me:) Well-I think I may have to do a little more shopping . . . .

Man-he's beautiful!

Kelly said...

What a perfect, handsome baby boy!! You must be walking on clouds!
well, toss out the "buy smaller clothes b/c vietnamese children are smaller than american children" theory..... I knew that couldn't be true all the time! ha!
oh well, a chance for ya'll and fam and friends to go shopping....and a reason for me to go buy some "bigger" clothes to have on hand, just in case!

Anonymous said...

Great looking kid! Congratulations!!