Sunday, August 24, 2008

Vietnam Take 2

Well, here we are back again in Hanoi waiting for another child. As the locals would say "same, same, but different". Everything feels so familiar and just driving from the airport was enough to remind me of how much I love the country! We are staying at a different hotel (this time we have a 2 bedroom apartment). In a way this is very sad because we loved the Lucky so much, but it is also nice how convenient the Hanoi Towers is. We have everything here - a kids playroom, pools, a grocery store, a coffee shop - what more could you ask for when adjusting to a new family member?

Everything is such a lush green here and the weather is very heavy. They are calling for rain and thunderstorms for the next week, but I have heard that there has actually been very little rain so far. The traffic is as I remember it, craziness with a touch of insanity. We haven't ventured out much yet, but it will be interesting when grandma has to start navigating the streets here. I think she is in for a bit of a shock, but hopefully that will be overcome by her excitement to have her morning pho.

Tomorrow is the BIG day and I can't believe that it is upon us already. Patrick will go and apply for Tam's passport in the morning and then we will all go out to the orphanage in the afternoon to pick her up. We are hoping to snap tons of pictures for all the families still waiting to travel so we have our work cut out for us.

8 comments:

Linda said...

Shula,
I have been thinking about you and remembering all of the wonderful times Julie and I had in Vietnam. I hope your mother-in-law will enjoy the experience as much as I did. Can't wait to see new pictures.
Linda

Jules said...

Wow-I think this may be mom's first comment on a blog ever!

Looking forward to waking up tomorrow and seeing pics of the new family member and all of you together.

Unknown said...

Yea! Glad you're settling in. Enjoy tomorrow!
Kim

WillosAdopt said...

Welcome back! Enjoy every second!
the Surwillo's

Julie and Dean said...

Congratulations on arriving in Hanoi. Your travel date snuck up on me and I was pleasantly surpised to read that you are there! Looking forward to seeing pictures of you with your new daughter :)

Unknown said...

BEST luck today. Eggs & fried tomatoes for breakfast...all's well at home.

Jules said...

*whistling* . . . . . .

You know-I sure hope you're not SLEEPING or anything instead of posting pictures for us! Jeez-it's not like you have anything better to do!

Jules (waiting not so patiently)

Anonymous said...

The other Carroll house is also waiting to see your pics with your new baby, and new family! Josie is asleep here in her crib, hopefully she will get to see pics when she wakes up!
Congratulations!
Jeff & Marie