Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More about Tham

Well, I was a little confused, to say the least, by the information on Tham's medical report. I states that she was born on November 8, 2007 and currently weighs 9 kg and is 75 cm long. This is HUGE for even a US born baby at 6 months old, but I figured that maybe she was just big. Then I saw her most recent pictures (below) where she is STANDING without holding on and I thought "there is NO WAY this child is 6 months old", but all I had to go on was the stated birth date.
I looked at development charts for Asian children and decided that even if she was 9 months old she would be in the 97th percentile for height and weight, so I was guessing that she was probably between 10-12 months at the time of the pictures and medical.
Needless to say, I was not terribly surprised when my agency told me last night that she was actually abandoned on November 8, 2007 and was probably 5-6 months old at the time. Aha, so I was dead on! So, now we are going to have to decide on a birthdate for her if we don't want to keep the November date (not to mention that we are still trying to find a name). I sure hope that we can also find out more information about her history, although I seriously doubt that is going to be possible.

1 comment:

The Hines Family said...

Well, that clears that up! Glad you got some helpful information. She's adorable. :-)