Monday, August 07, 2006

Our Vietnam visas are in hand and we are ready to travel at a moment's notice! I guess the Vietnam government is pretty laid back about handing out visas because we had no problem getting the 3 month version. When I originally called, they told me that they only approve 1 month visas for tourists, but apparently if you just tell them on the form you want a visa for 3 months, and you say something vague about visiting family, then they will give it to you. Good for us, since we still don't know exactly when we will travel, but are hoping it is sometime before November 15th, when our visa will expire.
Luckily, the new job is keeping me pretty busy! It is so nice to feel like I have full time work again. It is definitely a totally different culture, though, in industry. Much more bottom line driven and not so much on the actual science being done. But, it kind of satisfies the business side of me.
Well, my better half and a half has just arrived home so I will sign off!

No comments: